Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust.
At AK Dentals, We take great pride in our office, and infection control is no exception! All of our disinfection and sterilization procedures meet or exceed standards set by the ADA, CDC and OSHA.Sterilization is given utmost importance and we comply to all international standards of sterilization.
Our Clinic is one of the best in Dwarka that follows 6 stage Sterilization Protocol for achieving utmost cleaning of instruments and to prevent cross-infection to patients. We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
Health Precautions that we employ in every dental treatment at all our clinics are:
- Wear gloves, masks, and protective eyewear
- Wash our hands before and after treating each patient
- Change our gloves after each patient
- Sterilize all dental instruments and hand pieces after each use
- Clean and disinfect all equipment and surfaces in the treatment room between patients
- Use disposable products to eliminate the possibility of cross infection
- Handle all disposable materials according to guidelines
Due to the measures we take to eliminate disease transmission, you can feel confident in coming to our office and in knowing that your health and ours is protected. The best defense against disease is information.
Feel free to discuss this topic further with our Team at AK Dental. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care.